In How to Speak CEO Part 3 – Are You Eating Your Own Cooking? Kim Snider – 2014 Infusionsoft Partner of the Year – talks to the audience about the importance of “practicing what you preach” as a business. From “big ideas” to “breaking the Tyranny of Urgent” Kim shows the audience what it takes to be more committed, more productive and, ultimately, more successful as a businessperson.
Are You Eating Your Own Cooking?:
Video no longer available.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:15 – The Big Idea when it comes to eating your own cooking
- 01:50 – When your clients interact with you, is it clear that you eat your own cooking?
- 02:25 – Authenticity and congruence in your messaging is paramount to success
- 03:00 – The Tyranny of the Urgent
- 03:58 – Importance means having long-term strategic impact on the company
- 05:20 – Stack ranking Important/Non-Urgent tasks versus Urgent/Not-Important tasks
- 07:35 – Why we struggle to work ON our business
- 8:20 – Kim and The API Guys are FAR FROM PERFECT—Being perfect isn’t the objective; trying to be perfect is
- 09:14 – Breaking the Tyranny of Urgent
- 09:20 – Systems
- 10:30 – If you hired you, what advice would you give you?
- 11:45 – Eliminate –> Automate –> Delegate –>Consolidate
- 22:00 – Are you taking your own best advice?
- 22:19 – Mindset
- 23:05 – THE focus question for mindset from The One Thing by Gary Keller
- 25:11 – A falling domino can topple something 50% larger than itself—This is the essence of the domino effect
- 25:30 – Geometric progressions aren’t just applicable to physics, they’re applicable to business as well
- 26:50 – Brainstorm “The Focus Question” –> Find the lead domino –>Learn to say “no” –>Embrace the chaos
- 31:30 – What can I achieve if I can focus on “The One Thing?”
- 32:20 – Habits
- 32:28 – How would things be different if, every day, I was able to spend three, uninterrupted hours on “The One Thing?”
- 33:00 – Wake up at 5AM–> Go through a morning routine –> Shut out all the distractions –> Do NOTHING but work on The One Thing
- 35:20 – 99% of “high-achievers” wake up and have a morning routine
- 37:37 – Why is it that 99% of high performers share this habit?
- 09:20 – Systems
- 38:18 – “Absorb what is useful. Discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own.” – Bruce Lee
- 38:50 – Build a business that models what it preaches
- 39:00 – Questions
- 39:30 – How hard is it to find the domino and what if I don’t find it?
- 42:38 – Do you have a coach to help you grow your business systems?
- 43:20 – You mentioned podcasts at the beginning, which do you recommend to help us stay focused and grow our business?
- 44:42 – If your schedule does not accommodate the 5AM early alone time, what other time do you recommend?
- 46:10 – In terms of delegation, what happens if you don’t have the money or resources to do it?
- 48:04 – What are other habits that you use to stay focused and be productive?
- 50:10 – Are there any other automation tools that you use – other than Infusionsoft – that you use and love?
- 52:45 – Kim’s final though—When you dream about your business and what it could be, what do you see?
- 53:05 – Kim’s contact information
5 Key Points:
- Authenticity and congruence are indispensable attributes of any successful business.
- Succumbing to the tyranny of urgency will make you an ineffective CEO and severely hamstring your business.
- System –> Mindset –> Habit…These are the keys to breaking the Tyranny of Urgent.
- The morning is your time to shine—wake up early, start a routine and stick to it.“
- Absorb what is useful. Discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own.” – Bruce Lee Show
Notes provided by Mike Rossi