The API Guys are currently seeking a Project Manager/Web developer to add to our virtual development team. This is a hands-on position and requires an individual that can manage a team of developers as well as work directly on projects. We are growing at a rapid pace and require an individual that has the ability to work projects, determine requirements and resource needs for projects and manage projects from end to end.
- This is a contract position with hours ranging from 10 – 30 per week with the potential of quickly increasing to as much as 40 hours per week.
- The ideal candidate will currently have a local development environment configured including Git.
- Candidate must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Candidate must be available during the hour of 8:00 am – 5:00 PM EST.
- You will be required to participate in meetings, some meetings may occur daily.
- Must be experienced in WordPress
- Project Management
- Respond to bug submissions
- Help convert legacy code to new code base
- Document new and existing processes
- Provide work estimations for future projects
- Identify new technologies that can help improve overall systems
- Automate manual tasks
- Integrate with multiple APIs
- Identify network, server, or software bottlenecks
- Q/A and peer review for fellow developers
- Performance Testing
- Ability to Manage a team of Virtual Programmers
- Experience in an Agile development environment/Scrum
- SQL, Table design and optimization (MySQL preferred)
- Fluency in multiple development languages (Is a plus)
- Experience in front end development practices (Bootstrap experience a plus)
- AJAX experience (through jQuery or other front end frameworks)
- API Experience
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 and common standards and practices
- Passion for programming
- Loves solving problems
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Framework experience (such as CakePHP, Symphony, Codeigniter, Zend, etc…) (Is a plus)
- Understanding of networking a plus
- Experience with systems administration a plus
- Exposure to multi-developer environments and version control (Git experience a plus)
- A/B Testing
- Unit Testing
- 3-5 years’ experience preferred
How the Process Works
You must complete this quiz in its entirety you will not be able to return to complete the quiz later. If for any reason you experience technical issues and cannot complete the entire quiz, please send an email to email@example.com
In order to be considered you must score 92% or higher on the quiz.
If now is not a good time please feel free to come back and take the quiz when time allows.
Upon successful completion of quiz, candidate will take a practical implementation test that will demonstrate their level of drive and commitment, as well as programming style and problem solving skills. This test can take up to 5-8 hours and is not compensated.
I am ready to apply and take the quiz.