Sometimes, you want to delay an Infusionsoft Campaign Builder sequence just a minute to give something time to complete. This is most often the case when you have an email that contains merge fields populated by an HTTP POST.
But the shortest interval in a Delay Timer is 15 minutes. You only need a minute – maybe even just a few seconds – to let the post run before resuming the campaign.
We will use the Pocket Developer Custom Delay Timer to pause the campaign for less than 15 minutes.
Put an HTTP POST snippet that calls Pocket Developer Custom Delay Timer at the end of a sequence where you want the pause. Hook that sequence to an API Goal that will be triggered after the delay to resume the sequence.
HOW – TO:
1. In the campaign sequence, add an HTTP Post snippet at the end of a sequence, where you want the delay to occur.
2. Configure the HTTP POST snippet as follows:
ANOTHER NOTE: If you put the same callName in multiple places, even in multiple campaigns, you could get unintended consequences! It is a best practice to use a unique callName that would not be easy to accidentally duplicate for each custom delay timer.
1. Assuming you did an automated Pocket Developer installation of the Delay Timer, the URL would be something like http://yoursite.com/scripts/PocketDeveloper/Blocks/CustomDelay/customdelay.php. Again, be careful to match capitalization.
2. Leave the contactId parameter and value set to the default.
3. in the next Name/Value pair, add callName in the left-hand Name field and in Value field, add a name that is unique to this Delay Snippet e.g., WakeWebinar3f788734.
4. In the next Name/Value pair, add delayFor in the Name field and the number of seconds you want to delay in the Value. (This could also be in a merge field)
5. Copy the name you created for callName and close the HTTP Post snippet
6. Close the sequence. Custom Delay Timer POST snippets should always be the last thing in that sequence
7. Drag out a Goal from Toolbox. Any Goal will work, although I often use Other for this. Give it a name, like Resume Sequence.
8. Double click the meta icon in the lower left corner of the goal. Change the Goal type to API Call Made (last one in the drop-down)
9. Double-click on the goal to open it. For Integration, put your Infusionsoft app name. In Call Name, put the name you used and copied from the HTTP POST Snippet. In this case, in Step 3, we used WakeWebinar1. Click Save.
10. Connect the Sequence containing the Delay Snippet (the one with the HTTP POST calling /customdelay.php) to the API Goal you just created.
11. Then connect the API Goal to a sequence containing whatever you want to happen after the delay. Continue your Campaign as normal.