Imagine the panic of waking up and realizing you’re late for work.
You leap out of bed, quickly dress and sprint out the door.
Upon jumping into your car you discover that every button, gauge, dial and screen on the dashboard has vanished.
What do you do?
Even though the entire dash has gone blank, there’s a good chance you’ll say to yourself:
“I know the road. I know the car. I don’t need my dashboard. Let’s go!”
While you may not need a gas gauge or on-board navigation to get to the office, what happens when you’re forced travel to a less-familiar destination?
No on-board GPS means getting from A-to-B will take longer.
No speedometer means driving at less-than-optimal speeds or risking a ticket.
And as for the brake light you didn’t know was out?—Well, when Officer Johnson pulls you over he’ll happily point it out.
So while you can absolutely drive your car without the aid of an instrument panel, you can’t drive it very well.
Not unlike your car, you can operate Infusionsoft without the features of the dashboard, but at the risk of your time, money and, most importantly, professional credibility.
Operating Infusionsoft like a pro means making use of customized widgets—they’re the oil, gas and temperature gauges of your business.
As a starting point, we recommend the Contacts, All Sales and Email widgets. Used to provide a “big-picture” of the business, they can be set up to accommodate your specific needs at the click of a mouse.
- Email supplies a statistical summary of all email activity – number sent, open/bounce rates and clicks – in easily accessible and highly detailed reports. Need to send a Broadcast email? No problem, this widget can handle that too.
- Contacts creates an at-large picture of all contact activity in your Infusionsoft account and tags can be employed to filter contacts in a variety of ways. Understanding how to strategically segment your audience can assist you in determining where your marketing efforts should go next.
- All Sales breaks down sales by month, year or quarter. Add orders using All Sales and it will literally Show You the Money!
Use these three Infusionsoft widgets to get a snapshot of where you’ve been, where you’re headed and what strategies help you put the most cash in your pocket.
Don’t stop there though.
We highly recommend reviewing all available widgets to not only maximize the potency of your dashboard, but set it up in a way that makes sense for you and the navigation of your business.
Needs some other ideas? Here are a few more Infusionsoft widgets we love!
- RSS Feed: Enables the addition of an RSS feed to your dash which is a G-R-E-A-T way to keep an eye on the competition
- Custom Statistics: Display custom report summaries on your Home Page, including the number of records in a particular list, the average of a column on a given report, and more!
- Tasks: Access daily tasks directly from your dashboard to reduce the possibility of missed appointments, missed deadlines and embarrassing apologies!
A fully functional Infusionsoft dashboard is essential for driving your business successfully. Knowing where you are and where you are going will help your business stay on the right course.
Drive Safe! 🙂
To learn more about selecting and installing Infusionsoft widgets, click right here!