Installing the Plug-In
You should have installed your Infusionsoft Pocket Developer plug-in using the instructions provided when you purchased the plug-in.
If, for any reason, you have not installed your Pocket Developer plug-in, follow these simple instructions, to learn how.
Configuring the HTTP Post Snippet
The URL, on your server, where the Pocket Developer script is stored. For example:
Required Name Value/Pairs
- The “to” address that should be receiving the e-mail. This can be a fixed e-mail address, a comma separated list of e-mail addresses or any Advanced Merge Field Notation that would yield a valid e-mail address
- The ID of an existing e-mail template in Infusionsoft. Field values within the template, specifically to, from, cc & bcc, can be over-written by the to, from, cc, and bcc parameters of this plug-in
Optional Name Value/Pairs
- A “from” address for the outgoing e-mail. If omitted, the fixed value within the e-mail template will be used. If no from e-mail is found, “firstname.lastname@example.org” will be used by default
- An e-mail, or comma separated list of e-mails, that will receive a carbon copy of the outgoing e-mail. Email addresses can be fixed, come from a standard Infusionsoft merge field or our Advanced Merge Field Notation, allowing you to use fields from records other than the contact. (e.g. Order, Invoice, Company or Opportunity.
- An e-mail, or comma separated list of e-mails, that will receive a blind carbon copy of the outgoing e-mail. Email addresses can be fixed, come from a standard Infusionsoft merge field or our Advanced Merge Field Notation, allowing you to use fields from records other than the contact. (e.g. Order, Invoice, Company or Opportunity.
- Set this to true if you want Pocket Developer to delete the contact that is created when no contact exists for an email address in to, from, cc or bcc. Default is set to false. NOTE: Pocket Developer adds a tag (Pocket Developer -> Created by Email Anyone Anytime) to all contacts it creates for the purpose of sending an email
Configuring the Email Template
Email Anyone Anytime uses email templates. Email templates can be found in the main Infusionsoft menu under Marketing.
As noted above, the from and to fields configured in the email template can be overridden by the plug-in, if desired.
When used with the Email Anyone Anytime plug-in, the subject line and email body can use our Advanced Merge Field Notation to merge information that is not available in standard Infusionsoft merge fields.
For example, you might merge the product purchased in the subject line or information from the contact’s company record in the body of the email.
NOTE: If you use Advanced Merge Field Notation in the subject or body copy, this email template cannot be used as a standard email template. Without the plug-in, the merge fields will appear as text in the email, without being merged. You might want to consider marking email templates that have Advanced Merge Field Notation so they aren’t used or changed accidentally.
Advanced Merge Field Notation
This Pocket Developer plug-in can use our Advanced Merge Field Notation anywhere a merge field is allowed. Advanced Merge Field Notation allows you to use merge fields from any table, e.g. Opportunity, Invoice, Company, Referral, Appointment, etc. It also allows you to Filter, Count, Max, Min, Compare, filter by IsEmpty and other advanced functionality.
For example, you may want to include the amount still due on an invoice in an email. Or, you may want to include the agreed upon services from an opportunity in an email. You can do this using Advanced Merge Field Notation.
See the Advanced Merge Field Notation documentation for more details.
This Pocket Developer plug-in can build advanced data sets using our pre-fetch functionality. Pre-fetch allows you to find one piece of information, such as an ID, and pass it along to get to the exact piece of information you need.
For example, you may pre-fetch the Order Id before using it to get the line items on an order from the OrderItem table, to display in your email. This reduces the number of post snippets in a campaign and eliminates having to store a value in a field for the next step.
See the Pre-Fetch documentation for more details.
This Pocket Developer plug-in can merge information related to a contact other than the one going through the campaign, using our contact override functionality.
For example, you may want to create a notification email that includes the name and email address of the contact’s referrer as well as how many referrals that affiliate has made. You can do this using Override with our Advanced Merge Field Notation.
See the Contact Override documentation for more details.
Use the Universal Delay Timer with Email Anyone Anytime, instead of standard Infusionsoft delay timers. You can configure the Universal Delay Timer so contacts are not “in” the campaign during the delays by not connecting the timer goal to the sequence before it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can’t I do the same thing with a legacy action set?
A. Email Anyone Anytime eliminates seven different roadblocks when sending email from Infusionsoft Campaign Builder. They are:
- adds CC and BCC functionality to email … stop sending different emails to each recipient
- adds comma separated lists of email addresses to TO, CC and BCC … same as non-Infusionsoft emails
- send emails to recipients, other than the contact, multiple times within the same campaign … admin notifications are no longer an issue
- use email addresses contained in email2, email3 and company email in TO, CC and BCC … email home and work at the same time … what a concept!
- merge email addresses from fields other than the contact record (e.g Opportunity, Company, Order or Referral) … gettin’ ninja now!
- merge email addresses from contacts other than the one going through campaign (e.g. Referrer or related contacts) … can’t do that with an action set … nope!
- merge fields from any record, to the subject and body of the email, using our Advanced Merge Field Notation … replace all those standard Infusionsoft confirmation emails
Legacy Action Sets only get you past one of these seven roadblocks.
And, of course, Infusionsoft has said legacy features, such as Action Sets, will go away at some point. We just don’t know when.
So why not future-proof your campaigns and turbo-charge your Infusionsoft emails at the same time?